Services / Tulsa Contents Packout Services
In the event that the interior of your home has sustained severe damage, a “contents pack-out” may be recommended as a part of our emergency service procedures. This is the term we use to describe the process of transferring your household contents to Tulsa Water Damage Specialists's secure plant and storage facility for the purpose of cleaning and deodorizing them. The contents pack-out procedure also ensures your belongings do not suffer any further smoke or water damage.
The Pack Out Process
The list below includes steps that are taken on a typical fire or water damage pack out. However, there are no standard pack outs because every loss has its own unique characteristics. Therefore, we will adapt the pack out in order to provide the most efficient and professional service to our customers.
- The pack out of the residence or business will be documented by both photo and video. This allows us to have documentation of contents and furniture to ensure that items are returned back to their original location once repairs are completed.
- Emergency items such as clothing, medications, eyeglasses, pet items, etc. should be identified prior to the start of the pack out.
- Other important items that we suggest you keep separate from the pack out are: cash, checkbooks, credit cards, jewelry, personal documents, medications, personal weapons and valuable collections such as coins and stamps.
- We will then address any items requiring special handling such as: family heirlooms, art, photos, area rugs, sentimental and/or work related items. We work with the most reputable experts in their field to ensure your items are restored back to their pre-loss condition.
- Standard moving industry boxes, packing materials and supplies are used to pack the contents and protect the furniture goods in transport, as well as in storage.
- Once the boxed goods and furniture have been evaluated, inventoried and tagged at the job site, we will provide you a copy of the general inventory. The items are then transported back to our secure storage facility.
- The restoration process of boxed goods and furniture items will then begin. This includes: cleaning, deodorization, repairs and servicing. At the conclusion of the process the boxed goods will be repacked and the furniture items will be rewrapped.
- Items that we are unable to restore will be listed, documented and stored, if necessary.
- The items are then placed back into the secure storage vaults until the repairs or reconstruction is completed and they can be moved back into the home or business.
Call our Tulsa water damage emergency service hotline at 000-000-0000.